Acupuncture is a kind of ancient healing technique that originated from the East. Due to its numerous medicinal benefits, fertility acupuncture is becoming popular since it is capable of treating infertility. In theory, once there is a blockage in the energy pathways which are the acupuncture sites, this can cause illnesses or other disease. With the use of needles, the blockages are cleared to promote a continuous flow of the energy thus resulting to proper physiologic healing. It is believed that acupuncture can possibly treat infertility, as well as other ailments like back pain, dizziness, depression, neuralgia and constipation. So how can acupuncture treat infertility? Here are some steps on how acupuncture can help treat infertility.
- First thing to consider is to understand how acupuncture will help. Acupuncture can improve the blood circulation in the pelvic cavity and boost the ovarian function.
- Second thing to consider is to know what to expect. A lot fertility expert considers acupuncture as just one part of the overall health plan to improve wellness and health. So this means you are still required to make certain lifestyle changes to accomplish your goal. After all, with good health comes fertility.
- Third thing to take into consideration is to learn how acupuncture can help in regulating hormonal imbalances. Infertility can be caused by hormonal imbalances in some women and this situation can be remedied by acupuncture.
- Next thing to take into consideration is to know and understand where the needles will be placed. Acupuncture points for infertility are usually found on the lower abdomen, lower back and legs.
- Always seek the assistance of an expert. Look for an acupuncturist that has experience in fertility issues. There is a lot of information about acupuncturist who deal with fertility issues found on the web.
- Once you meet with your chosen acupuncturist, give him or her all the information as much as possible like how long have you been trying to conceive as well as a full detailed description of your medical history.
- Always follow your acupuncturist’s treatment schedule until its completion. Be sure to ask all necessary questions to avoid anxiety and of course to get what your money is worth.
Tips and Warnings to Reflect On
- Acupuncture rates can rise from moderate to expensive. This usually depends on the experience and credentials of your chosen acupuncturist. Aside from that, the city from where she or he is based can also affect his or her professional fees.
- Acupuncture is also covered by many insurance plans. However, this a not covered by Medicare and Medicaid.
- Supplements and herbs may also be prescribed by acupuncturist to support with your treatment. In these cases, herbs and supplements can be inexpensive and moderate in price. These are not usually covered by insurance plans thought.
- If you have potentially life-threatening symptoms like extreme abdominal pain, never attempt to use acupuncture as a form of treatment.
- Always bear in mind that not all alternative forms of medical treatments are scientifically evaluated. Some practitioners only have limited information about their safety and effectiveness. Each state has its own rules regarding how alternative medicine practitioners can be professionally licensed. So if you decide to visit an acupuncturist, choose someone who is licensed and recognized by the national organization. Always keep your medical doctor informed about form of alternative medical procedure you undertake.